Monday, December 11, 2006

How cool is cold?




Shaun and I continue to be amazed that the time has finally arrived. It's go time and we are looking at eachother as if to say, "When are you gonna get packing?" Every conversation about the trip ends in, "Thermal underwear, yeah, we gotta get some of that...you really think the silk things are warm?" So no Thermals packed yet...except some for Ellie that are pink with purple letters that say, "Little Princess," (I couldn't resist).

I've been checking the weather in Lanzhou regularly. 26 degrees is the Hi today...a storm is coming. Boy I sure hope they are keeping socks on Ellie! I wish we had her already here...what a wonderful Christmas that would be!

I thought I would show you all a few photos from the day we got Ellie's information...I can't take my eyes off of her...those sweet little cheeks.

The picture above were taken right after we saw Ellie for the first time...a bit misty...or maybe a bit more that misty! Sonja is on the left and she is our agency connection. They have all been so wonderful to Shaun and I!

If you come to our house, we could subject you to the video docudrama that was referral day...we are real goobs in it...especially on the drive to the agency! What can we say...we're happy goobers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, I am so elated, overjoyed, excited, etc. for both of you. Thank you for sharing your journey and continuing to share your journey. The heartaches, the excitement, and all the other ups and downs have added to the "realness" of it for our family here in California. Since we don't get to see each other much, it's nice to share in your life this way. Our prayers will continue to be with you as you wait, as you travel to China, as you return from China, and as you get settled back in Arizona. I can't believe I'm actually an aunt. How cool! The kids are excited to meet their cousin. We love you and miss you. Congrats and God bless you.

Love Sheri, Carlton Jr., Detriona, Arriona, and Carlton III

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Anonymous said...

Dear Shaun and Cassie,

We are thrilled for the three of you. Ellie is absolutely beautiful. Wishing you all much happiness. Be safe and can't wait to see you all.

Dolores and Rich

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Holmes and Mrs. Holmes,

Congratulations on your beautiful baby Ellie. She is very beautiful. You guys will both make great parents. I know Mr. Holmes and I am sure Mrs. Holmes is the same way.

God has given you both a wonderful gift a beautiful baby girl. I am so happy for you guys and Ellie.

I am happy that Ellie smiles when Mr. Holmes dances and does funny things. I know he makes me laugh a lot. He is a great father figure for me.

Well congratulations again. You guys are doing a wonderful job so far keep up the great work :)

I can't wait to see you Mr. Holmes.
You are all in my prayers. I am sure everything will be fine. Give Ellie a hug from me.

You guys both really deserve Ellie. She is very special to you both and I am sure you both are very special to her.

Love,

Katherine Bevilacqua

Ps. About up loading the video of Ellie make sure you up load the video all at once not in little sections. Make sure its in a program that allows you to upload it like I am not sure about that.

Well good luck with that.